Spouse Visa K-3 (Spouse)

About the service

If you are a U.S. citizen married to a foreign national residing outside the United States, the Spouse Visa, also known as the K-3 Visa, provides a pathway for your spouse to join you in the U.S. while awaiting approval of their immigrant visa petition.

Benefits of the status/service

  • Family Reunification: The K-3 Visa facilitates family reunification by allowing spouses of U.S. citizens to join their partners in the United States while their immigrant visa petitions are being processed.
  • Shorter Separation Period: Unlike other immigration processes that may require lengthy separations, the K-3 Visa typically allows spouses to reunite in the U.S. much sooner, minimizing the time spent apart.
  • Work Authorization: Holders of K-3 Visas are eligible to apply for work authorization upon arrival in the United States, enabling them to seek employment and contribute to their household income.

Why RAM Law Firm

At RAM Law Firm, we recognize the importance of family unity and understand the challenges couples face in navigating the immigration process. Here’s why you should trust us with your Spouse Visa needs:

  • Comprehensive Guidance: Our team of immigration attorneys provides comprehensive guidance throughout the entire Spouse Visa application process, ensuring you understand each step and requirement.
  • Dedicated Support: We offer personalized support to each client, addressing your concerns and questions promptly to alleviate any anxieties associated with the immigration process.
  • Proven Track Record: With a track record of successful Spouse Visa applications, you can trust our expertise and experience to help you and your spouse achieve your immigration goals efficiently.

Ram Law Firm

Frequently Ask Questions

  • Can I apply for a K-3 Visa if I am not yet married to a U.S. citizen?

    No, the K-3 Visa is specifically for spouses of U.S. citizens. If you are not yet married but intend to marry a U.S. citizen, you may be eligible for a Fiancé Visa (K-1 Visa) instead.
  • How long does it take to obtain a K-3 Visa?

    The processing time for a K-3 Visa can vary depending on factors such as the workload of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the completeness of your application. On average, it takes several months from filing the petition to receiving the visa.
  • Can my spouse work in the U.S. with a K-3 Visa?

    Yes, your spouse can apply for work authorization upon entering the United States on a K-3 Visa. Once approved, they can legally work in the country while awaiting further immigration processes.
  • Is the K-3 Visa necessary if my spouse already has an immigrant visa petition pending?

    While the K-3 Visa is designed to expedite the process of bringing spouses to the U.S., it may be optional if your spouse already has an immigrant visa petition pending. It's essential to consult with an immigration attorney to determine the best course of action based on your specific circumstances.
  • Can my spouse travel outside the U.S. while on a K-3 Visa?

    Yes, your spouse can travel outside the U.S. while on a K-3 Visa, but they must obtain advance parole before leaving the country. Failure to do so may result in complications with their immigration status.
Mergers & Acquisitions/Structuring

Mergers & Acquisitions/Structuring

Real Estate Transactions

Real Estate Transactions

General Corporate Law

General Corporate Law

Immigration Law

Immigration Law

Trusted By

Our Customers


Free Case Evaluation

Contact Us Today