Immigration Petition I-130

About the service

The Immigration Petition Form I-130, also known as the Petition for Alien Relative, is a crucial step in the process of sponsoring a family member for lawful permanent residence (green card) in the United States. U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents use this form to establish a relationship with their eligible relatives who wish to immigrate to the U.S.

Benefits of the status/service

  • Family Reunification: The I-130 petition allows U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents to sponsor their eligible relatives for immigration, facilitating family reunification and strengthening family ties.
  • Path to Permanent Residence: Once the I-130 petition is approved, it establishes the basis for the sponsored relative to apply for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status, paving the way for them to become lawful permanent residents of the United States.
  • Priority for Certain Relatives: Certain relatives, such as spouses, parents, and unmarried children under 21 of U.S. citizens, are given priority in the immigration process, potentially expediting their path to lawful permanent residence.

Why RAM Law Firm

At RAM Law Firm, we understand the significance of family-based immigration and the complexities involved in the I-130 petition process. Here’s why you should entrust us with your immigration petition needs:

  • Expertise in Family Immigration: Our team of experienced immigration attorneys specializes in family-based immigration law, ensuring thorough and accurate preparation of your I-130 petition.
  • Personalized Legal Representation: We provide personalized legal representation tailored to your unique circumstances, guiding you through each step of the I-130 petition process with care and attention to detail.
  • Timely and Efficient Service: We are experts in immigration laws and procedures and strive to process your I-130 petition efficiently, minimizing delays and maximizing the chances of approval.

Ram Law Firm

Frequently Ask Questions

  • Who can file Form I-130?

    U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents can file Form I-130 to petition for certain eligible relatives, including spouses, children, parents, and siblings, to immigrate to the United States.
  • What documents are required for Form I-130?

    Required documents for Form I-130 typically include proof of the petitioner's status, such as a birth certificate or green card, as well as documents establishing the familial relationship, such as marriage or birth certificates.
  • How long does it take for Form I-130 to be processed?

    Processing times vary depending on factors such as the petitioner's relationship to the beneficiary and the USCIS workload. On average, it can take several months to over a year for the petition to be processed and approved.
  • Can I appeal if my Form I-130 is denied?

    If your Form I-130 is denied, you may have the option to appeal the decision or file a motion to reopen or reconsider with the USCIS. It's essential to consult with an immigration attorney to explore your options.
  • Can I file Form I-130 while living abroad?

    Yes, as a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, you can file Form I-130 while living abroad. The petition can be submitted to the USCIS office with jurisdiction over your place of residence or through a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad.
Mergers & Acquisitions/Structuring

Mergers & Acquisitions/Structuring

Real Estate Transactions

Real Estate Transactions

General Corporate Law

General Corporate Law

Immigration Law

Immigration Law

Trusted By

Our Customers


Free Case Evaluation

Contact Us Today