Fiance Visa K-1 (Fiance)

About the service

Are you planning to bring your fiancé to the United States to get married? The Fiancé Visa, also known as the K-1 Visa, is designed for this purpose. It allows a U.S. citizen to sponsor their foreign fiancé to enter the country for the purpose of getting married within 90 days of arrival.

Benefits of the status/service

  • Facilitates Reunion: The K-1 Visa facilitates the reunion of engaged couples who are citizens of different countries, allowing them to start their lives together in the United States.
  • Path to Marriage: This visa provides a clear pathway for fiancés to enter the U.S. and get married within the stipulated 90-day time frame, paving the way for further immigration processes.
  • Work Authorization: Once in the U.S., the holder of a K-1 Visa can apply for employment authorization, allowing them to work and contribute to their household income while waiting for further immigration steps.

Why RAM Law Firm

At RAM Law Firm, we understand the intricacies and complexities of immigration law, especially concerning the Fiancé Visa process. Here’s why you should choose us:

  • Expertise: Our team consists of experienced immigration lawyers who have successfully handled numerous Fiancé Visa cases, ensuring you receive the best guidance and representation.
  • Personalized Approach: We understand that each case is unique. That’s why we provide personalized attention to every client, tailoring our services to meet your specific needs and circumstances.
  • Efficiency: With our streamlined processes and attention to detail, we strive to make the Fiancé Visa application process as smooth and efficient as possible, minimizing delays and complications.

Ram Law Firm

Frequently Ask Questions

  • What are the eligibility requirements for a K-1 Visa?

    To qualify for a Fiancé Visa, you must be a U.S. citizen, intend to marry your fiancé within 90 days of their arrival in the U.S., and meet certain financial requirements to demonstrate the ability to support your fiancé.
  • Can my fiancé work in the U.S. with a K-1 Visa?

    Yes, your fiancé can apply for work authorization after entering the U.S. on a K-1 Visa. Once approved, they can legally work in the country while awaiting further immigration processes.
  • How long does the K-1 Visa process take?

    The processing time for a Fiancé Visa can vary depending on various factors, such as the workload of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the completeness of your application. On average, it takes around 6 to 9 months from filing the petition to receiving the visa.
  • Can my fiancé travel outside the U.S. while on a K-1 Visa?

    Yes, your fiancé can travel outside the U.S. while on a K-1 Visa, but they must obtain advance parole before leaving the country. Failure to do so may result in the abandonment of their visa application.
  • What happens after my fiancé enters the U.S. on a K-1 Visa?

    Once your fiancé enters the U.S., you have 90 days to get married. After the marriage takes place, your fiancé can apply for an adjustment of status to become a lawful permanent resident (green card holder).
Mergers & Acquisitions/Structuring

Mergers & Acquisitions/Structuring

Real Estate Transactions

Real Estate Transactions

General Corporate Law

General Corporate Law

Immigration Law

Immigration Law

Trusted By

Our Customers


Free Case Evaluation

Contact Us Today